Marinette County Hobbist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admin's metalwork

Go down

Admin's metalwork Empty Admin's metalwork

Post by Admin Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:56 pm

Back in 2003, I went to NWTC to take a course in welding.  I had gone through three plant closings in a relatively short amount of time and reasoned enough was enough... I needed a career change.  While I did become a certified welder, I did not go into that field.

I did make a few different sculptures while taking this class, but the two posted below are all that remains.  The saw dragon was made from a 24" saw blade, cut with a torch and pieced together by stick.  I have had many compliments on this, and at some point I want to expand on this idea and make a slew of these with soup can tops, figure I'd just braze them together.  I have this hanging in my garage, as it's too dangerous to have hanging in the house.

The second image was from my rummaging through the scrape metal bin and just seeing what I could come up with.  Even though the railroad spike may give this a religious overtone, it isn't meant to be such.  I entered this in the county fair and got a lot of compliments on it as well, but those that told me as such, and thanked me for the obvious religious implication, never read the title card I had attached to this: Hand of Glory, Amen.  Sure, "glory amen" might sound religious, but the "hand of glory" portion should have given viewers a different perspective, which seemingly no one caught.  Right now this is working as a book end.  Sometimes a door stop.

Admin's metalwork 10405610
Admin's metalwork 10491210

Admin
Admin

https://mch-soothsayer.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum